Friday, June 9, 2017

Summer International Lolita Day 2017

Delicious food, beautiful lolitas and macarons!

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the irregularity of my posts. I severely overestimated how many photos and how much work they needed. I'm hoping life will slow down a bit so I can catch up, one can only hope.


The weekend after Anime North was the Summer International Lolita Day! For those of you that don't know; ILD is an unofficial celebration that takes place worldwide where participants dress up to show their love of Lolita Fashion. It happens twice every year on the first Saturdays of June and December. It's basically just another excuse to dress up and you know I can't pass that up!


I was invited to my friend's apartment complex for a small potluck. I made mini BLT's, I put a lot of work into them because I wanted them to be as cute as humanly possible. It paid off since they were yummy and I had no leftovers to take home.

There was so much delicious food! I'm pretty sure I ate my body weight in pasta and perogies.

After some great food and conversation we decided to take a walk and enjoy the beautiful weather we've been having. On our journey we found the perfect place for an impromptu photoshoot.

@fawndolly looking gorgeous in Angelic Pretty's Eternal Carnival. She's such a great model.


Just some goths chillin' outside a church. No big deal. @fromxruin


Thanks to Abigail for taking these beautiful pictures! I love them <3
Outfit Rundown:
JSK & Headbow: Royal Princess Alice 
Mini Veil: KiraKira
Wig: Cyperous
Blouse: Bodyline
Tights: Reina 
Shoes: To Alice











Our brisk walk took us to a quaint little shop called MacaronZ which specializes in (you guessed it!) macarons!
They also carried a small assortment of tea and crafts from local artisans. The space is very cozy and well decorated. I ended up ordering a few smores flavoured macarons and a reese's pieces mini doughnut. Everything was delicious! I ate so much food today #lolitalife

I'd like to thank Alex and Elizabeth for taking the time to host this lovely event for us! A big thank you to everyone who came out. It was such a lovely time and I enjoyed meeting you all. Looking forward to more meets this summer! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment