Friday, October 27, 2017

Harry Potter High Tea at The Secret Garden Tea House

*insert theme music here*
Hello again my dears <3 So sorry for the inconsistent posting. October has been such a hectic month for me! There's been so many spooky things going on and I got swamped with work planning my comm's Halloween meet. I was so busy that I didn't even get pictures but I got a good idea of what it's like to host a large meet (25 people) and I plan on writing a How to Plan a Meet Up post eventually. I'm pretty backlogged with photos and video that I've taken. Hoping to get it all organized so I can post it here! 

I decided to start back with something that was waaaay too photogenic to not post. The Secret Garden Tea House threw a special Harry Potter Tea. I ended up stumbling upon it last minute but I'm really glad that I got to go!

We were immediately seated upstairs by a nice big window that faced the street. The china was so beautiful. I decided on Cookies and Cream for my tea selection.










The quiche was my favourite part of this tier. It's high on the list of the best I've had so far. Don't let the photos fool you, these were all generous helpings and the quickly filled us up.  



The middle tier carried the scones. One was the traditional cream and the other was a special pumpkin spice. It was amazing! And tasted delicious on it's own (but of course I tried it with jam and cream as well). I was leary of combining so many flavours but they complimented each other beautifully. 

In this round of tea, my favourite part was the pumpkin scone. Such a unique take on a classic dish. I originally wasn't too excited to try it since I'm not a big fan of pumpkin but I found it too scrumptious to dismiss. Hats off to the chef!



So many goodies up here! The sorting hat cupcake contained a coloured gel inside to tell you which house you were sorted into. The hat was made of tootsie rolls! There was also a small cauldron of pudding, a chocolate frog, a golden snitch truffle and a box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.  



I have to know what house I belong to...!


... Ravenclaw! My parents will be so proud!











For this event, The Secret Garden Tea House was giving away a Harry Potter themed gift basket which included a full set of the books to one lucky attendee. 










The first floor contains more lovely seating. I didn't take any pictures though because there were still a few people enjoying a meal. The setting was just a beautiful as the upstairs. So we wandered into the shop which had a large assortment of beautiful items! Jewelry, tea sets, cute little hats, and other cozy little articles of clothing were showcased in the warm afternoon sun. 










Dressed for the occasion!




Gotta admit that I'm not 100% happy with this coord. My favourite wig is a tangled mess and I need to let it go. ;_; 
I also really missed the mark with my makeup. I wanted to do a black eyeshadow but it came out mostly gray and looked way too garish for my liking.
My petti is also very deflated. I should have worn another.
Any concrit is welcomed! 
Outfit Rundown:
Hat: Thrifted
Wig: Raindrops
Necklace: Necrosarium
Cardigan: Offbrand
JSK: Belladonna
Underskirt: Little Dipper
Tights: Yidhra
Bag: h.naoto
Shoes: Offbrand

Links
The Secret Garden Tea House

No comments:

Post a Comment