Friday, May 19, 2017

Mother's Day High Tea with Tea Readings


The Cafe teamed up with The Art of Tea and Tasseomancy to throw a Mother's Day High Tea with Tea Readings.


Outfit Rundown

OP + Headpiece: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: Bodyline

I tried to keep my outfit somewhat casual since it was just an outing with my family but I feel like Lady Rose is really hard to tone down. I chose to wear this dress because it's my Mom's favourite. My family is well aware of my hobby and they're very supportive of it. The little girls are my biggest supporters. I'm so lucky to have such a great family behind me. 



I really enjoyed the tiny scones. They were the little girls' favourites. There were absolutely none left after we were done eating. I always worry about bringing children to high tea that they will not enjoy any of the food and go hungry (and get cranky) so I'm really happy that there was something that they liked. ZZ became an expert at pulling apart her scones, I was so proud! She liked how tiny everything was, I wonder if she thought everything was made for her. 



My sister was really taken with the little mason jars filled with jam. The both of us couldn't stop admiring all the different tea cups and serving wares. This is also the first time I've been served with a transparent glass 3-tiered tray. I thought it was really beautiful and elegant but still kept with the relaxed casualness of the rest of the event. It wasn't as frou frou as other high teas I've been to but that's in no way a bad thing. It was clear that this event was about cherishing time with your mom and the Cafe was a great atmosphere for that.



I'm normally a cucumber sandwich kind of gal but I gotta say that the egg salad sandwiches were my favourite this time. Considering the price of the ticket, I was really happy to see that there was so much food compared to other high teas I've been to. Everything was delicious! 


There were two options for tickets: one was a basic high tea and the other option was a high tea with a tea leaf reading with Amy Taylor. Those with readings were given a separate tea with loose leaves and taken to a private room for their readings. 

Even if you're not a spiritual person or follow these kind of beliefs; I still highly recommend Amy's services. She's super honest, friendly and made the whole experience fun. She has a great personality and my family really enjoyed having their leaves read.  

Probably nagging someone tbh

I love this picture. My sis and the little ladies relaxing on the couch and having a good time.
<3


Magda was so happy we dressed up that she gave us a few goodies from her kitchen. 
The little ladies got some tea infusers with cute little animals on them. We also got some tea and snacks to share.

We all had a great time! I really hope the Cafe hosts another Mother's Day event next year. This could be the start of a family tradition! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment